JAM Corporation uses ProjectTeam.com to manage public works projects including Los Angeles Unified School District
JAM Corporation is an electrical contractor that primarily does public works projects. They have been using ProjectTeam.com since 2019. Read their story below.
What is your company and what do they do?
JAM Corporation. We are an electrical contractor specializing in low voltage systems: fire alarm, public address, intercom, CCTV, access control, mass notification and structured cabling. We do primarily public works projects. Some new projects but mainly modernization and retrofit projects. About 80% of our work is as a subcontractor and the other 20% we operate as the prime contractor. Much of our work is for school districts including Los Angeles Unified and Long Beach Unified.
What did you use for project management software before using ProjectTeam.com?
We used Primavera Contract Manager for about 14 years. Once it was purchased by Oracle that was the beginning of the end of our using it. The support for the software declined and it was never updated to take advantage of more modern technologies.
How has your experience with ProjectTeam.com been? Product and our services team for support?
Fifteen or so years ago, when I first started using Contract Manager, it was owned by Primavera and they really support the project well. Once it was sold to Oracle it was a totally different experience, and not for the positive. I spent a couple of years searching for a customizable product that had the kind of support I used to enjoy with Primavera, pre-Oracle. I can honestly say that the support team at ProjectTeam has been excellent. Whenever I have a question or issue they’ve been there with an answer. That has actually meant a lot because I am in the program all day every workday and if I have a question or issue that could affect my productivity I need to know I can get an answer.
What would your general recommendation be to someone looking at ProjectTeam.com for their new construction software?
If you want a very customizable, easy-to-use, easy-to-navigate program I don’t know that you could find anything better. I use other project management software as required by owners or GCs but I don’t think they’re as easy to use as ProjectTeam.com.
Ready for your demo?
See what ProjectTeam.com can do for your organization by setting up a customized demo with one of our product experts.